Want to be part of Diller Chicago's Cohort 9? Apply here by May 28th!
- Fellows are chosen based on their leadership aptitude, commitment to Jewish learning, passion for serving their community, and interest in exploring their connection to Israel. The program is open to rising sophomores and juniors throughout metropolitan Chicago.
- Applicants must submit a reference. References should be from non-related adults who can attest to your character and leadership skills. Personal friends are also not acceptable. One letter must be from a school official or teacher. You are responsible for sending the form to your references. We understand that you will be reaching out and asking for references. It is not necessary to delay submitting your application to confirm references. Should your references as listed need to change, new or unlisted references will be accepted.
- The Diller program requires a significant time commitment from Fellows and their families. To better understand the time commitment, download a sample
Funding and cost
- The Diller Teen Fellows program in Chicago is funded by the Helen Diller Family Foundation, a supporting foundation of the San Francisco Federation’s Jewish Community Endowment Fund; The Crown Family; and the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.
- Each fellow receives a $7,100 subsidy, resulting in a cost of $3,600 to the participant, which covers all program costs. Fellows may use up to $2,000 from their SKIP funds and they can use Bar/Bat Mitzvah certificates and Gift of Israel. Need-based scholarships are available and no applicant will be turned away for financial reasons.
Want to learn more? Attend our Virtual Open House on May 19th. Register Here
Questions on applying for Chicago Diller Teen Fellows? Email