Congratulations to our October agency of the month: Tutoring Chicago! The projects and programs of TOV are made possible by our outstanding partner agencies.
Since 2019, TOV has partnered with Tutoring Chicago for TOV Tutoring. Our volunteers work weekly with a 1st-8th grade student tutoring in social emotional learning, math, accountability, reading, and technology.
We asked EL Da’Sheon Nix, Community Relations Director, a few questions about the agency and their involvement with TOV.
- What is your agency mission?
- Delivering the power of education through one-to-one tutoring
- How do volunteers help impact your agency?
- Volunteers impact Tutoring Chicago in a variety of ways. One of the most
prevalent ways is through the one-to-one tutoring support that they provide our
amazing students. During this engagement the tutors are not only assisting the
students with their academic progress, but they help the students
socially/emotionally and help to enhance the students’ life skills. Volunteers
also serve as Tutoring Chicago advocates and ambassadors by promoting Tutoring
Chicago to others in their network for the purpose of obtaining financial
support and/or successfully recruiting additional volunteers.
- Why do you like working with TOV in particular?
- We like working with TOV because of the dedicated and committed volunteer tutors that we are able to connect with our students. We also love the direct communication, collaboration, and planning that takes place with our TOV point of contact, Samantha Kaplan. This partnership has grown over the years, and as a result Tutoring Chicago continues to be positively impacted! We look forward to having more TOV members join Tutoring Chicago and connect with our Chicagoland students!
We want to thank EL and Tutoring Chicago for their valuable partnership with TOV.
Want to get involved with TOV Tutoring and Tutoring Chicago? Email Samantha Kaplan for information on how to volunteer.