What is BGS?
The Ben-Gurion Society (BGS) is a national donor recognition society for young adults, ages 25-45, who make a contribution of $1,000 or more to the Jewish United Fund's Annual Campaign. Here in Chicago, there are over 700 Ben-Gurion Society members accounting for almost $3 million of JUF's Annual Campaign.
BGS is founded on the principles of David Ben-Gurion, the first Prime Minister of the State of Israel. BGS embodies Ben-Gurion's legacy, that young men and women use their vision and combine their power, passion and resources to build a strong and responsible Jewish community at home, in Israel, and around the world.
This year, we are enhancing the Ben-Gurion Society with the goal of providing our most generous donors with a special set of benefits. 2017-2018 BGS benefits will focus on exclusive access to JUF programming, high-level briefings on current events and opportunities to engage with our agencies. The full slate of benefits will include the following:
- Invite-only BGS-only events (including a complimentary VIP reception at YLD’s Big Event fundraiser)
- Preferred seating at JUF programs
- Expedited security at certain events
- High-level briefings on current events
- Exclusive opportunities to engage with senior community leaders
- Insider access to JUF agencies
- Join the Women's Board of the Jewish United Fund for the 2018 Grand Event featuring, #1 New York Times bestselling author, Jennifer Weiner on Thursday, February 1. A $1,000 minimum individual women's gift to the 2018 JUF Annual Campaign is required to attend the event. Register here.
- Join BGS for a Meal with a Macher on February 13 at the Jewish United Fund (30 S Wells) from 12-1:30pm. Chicago's own Ann-Louise Kleper, an accomplished attorney at Lewis & Davidson, LTD as well as a revered philanthropist and JUF/JF Board Member, will be speaking with the group. Register here.
- Join the JUF Financial Services and Real Estate & Building Trades Divisions for a night of Steak & Scotch on February 26 at The Standard Club (320 S Plymouth Ct.). This will include a multi-course dinner, tasting and there will be networking for Real Estate and Financial Services professionals. For donors 40 and under, a minimum gift of $1,000 is required to attend. Register here.
Check out photos from our annual BGS Luncheon.
BGS members enjoyed a pre-reception filled with premium drinks and appetizers before the 10th Annual YLD's Big Event Fundraiser on December 9. Check out photos from the event here.
Please contact YLD Assistant Director, Elyse Saretsky at 312-357-4880 with questions and to learn how you can get involved today!
To become a part of this committed and passionate group of Jewish adults...
Let us know your ideas for future BGS events.