What is BGS?
The Ben-Gurion Society (BGS) is a national donor recognition society for young adults, ages 25-45, who make a contribution of $1,000 or more to the Jewish United Fund's Annual Campaign. Here in Chicago, there are over 700 Ben-Gurion Society members accounting for almost $3 million of JUF's Annual Campaign.
BGS is founded on the principles of David Ben-Gurion, the first Prime Minister of the State of Israel. BGS embodies Ben-Gurion's legacy, that young men and women use their vision and combine their power, passion and resources to build a strong and responsible Jewish community at home, in Israel, and around the world.
This year, we are enhancing the Ben-Gurion Society with the goal of providing our most generous donors with a special set of benefits. 2016-2017 BGS benefits will focus on exclusive access to JUF programming, high-level briefings on current events and opportunities to engage with our agencies. The full slate of benefits will include the following:
- Invite-only BGS-only events (including a complimentary VIP reception at YLD’s Big Event fundraiser)
- Preferred seating at JUF programs
- Expedited security at certain events
- High-level briefings on current events
- Exclusive opportunities to engage with senior community leaders
- Insider access to JUF agencies
- Chicago Restaurateurs- A Three Course Conversation with Larry Levy, Co-Founder, Levy Restaurants, Managing Partner, Levy Family Partners, and Rich Melman, Founder & Chairman, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises. Please join us for an exclusive evening with two of the restaurant industry's most successful icons on Monday, May 15 at 5:30pm at The Ivy Room (12 E Ohio St.). For more information or to register, click here.
JUF’s Ben-Gurion Society (BGS) is hosting its fifth annual BGS Luncheon to feature Jewish professionals on Thursday, May 25 from 11:45-1:15 pm at Mesirow Financial. This event is spearheaded by YLD and co-hosted by NYL Cabinet, TIP Young Professional Groups and Young Women’s City Council. Our panel speakers include: Alex Samoylovich (CEO of Cedar Street Partners) and Brad Serot (Executive Vice President at CBRE). The event promises to be a fun, informative, and engaging afternoon and is open to JUF donors ages 25-45 who give $1,000+ to the 2017 Campaign.
Please contact YLD Director, Elizabeth Wyner at 312-357-4812 with questions and to learn how you can get involved today!
To become a part of this committed and passionate group of Jewish adults...
Let us know your ideas for future BGS events.