How to Apply
Be sure to consult our Focus Areas and Grant Guidelines for important information regarding eligibility, restrictions, and types of support.
JWF has a four step application process:
- Submit Letter of Intent by 4pm CST on Thursday, May 12, 2016
- Status notification by JWF in late June/early July
- If invited to do so, submit full proposal by 4pm CST on Thursday, July 28, 2016
- Final notification of grants awarded in December 2016
Step One: Submit Letter of Intent
The deadline for submitting a letter of intent is Thursday, May 12, 2016 by 4pm Central Standard Time . Completion of the Letter of Intent form is required. Local organizations (within the Chicago Metropolitan area) have no limit on the number of Letters of Intent that may be submitted for distinct different programs. International organizations (outside the United States) may submit one Letter of Intent per year. Organizations must be classified as 501(c)3 tax-exempt organizations by the Internal Revenue Service (or have a fiscal agent so classified).
Step Two: Status Notification by JWF
JWF evaluates and notifies each applicant by the end of June/early July as to whether or not they are invited to submit a full proposal.
Step Three: Submit a Full Proposal
The deadline for submitting a full proposal is Thursday, July 28, 2016 by 4pm Central Standard Time. Please do not submit a proposal unless specifically requested to do so by JWF.
The Jewish Women's Foundation has two grant applications: New Grant Application and Renewal Grant Application. All proposals submitted must use one of these forms and complete the Project Budget Form. We accept only fully completed proposals. No late proposals will be accepted.
- New Grant Application: To be used by new applicants, current grantees with new programs, or former grantees with a new program/project.
- Renewal Grant Application: To be used by JWF grantees with a renewal program/project (organizations seeking support for the same program/project funded by JWF in a previous grant cycle.)
Step Four: Final Notification of Grants Awarded
The JWF will make its final grant determinations by the end of December. At this time, grant recipients will receive written notification of grant awards. Funds will be disbursed in January of the following year.
We are happy to answer your questions. Please contact the JWF office.