The Israel Office represents JUF / The Jewish Federation of Chicago in Israel, including:
- Representing the community and its agenda to the Israeli government and public institutions.
- Researching emerging needs in Israeli society and organizations advancing effective responses to them;
- Building meaningful people-to-people connections through partnership initiatives in Chicago’s partnership region, Kiryat Gat-Lachish-Shafir;
- Oversight of the community’s philanthropic investment in public institutions and not-for-profit organizations, primarily on behalf of disadvantaged populations, the environment, partnership and pluralism;
- Connecting donors with reputable not-for-profit initiatives (over and above the annual campaign);
- Planning, preparing and staffing VIP visits, delegations and missions from Chicago.