For more information regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact TOV at TOV@juf.org or 312-357-4762.
Professional Development and Networking Opportunities
Connect with us on Linkedin »
Trades, Industries, and Professionals Division of the Jewish United Fund (TIP)
With the largest, most diverse network of Jewish professionals, entrepreneurs, and business owners in Chicago, JUF's TIP. is the central address for your networking and philanthropic needs, and is positioned to provide access to both high level business leaders and Jewish thinkers through high quality, relevant professional programming.
The TIP young professional groups serve to connect young Jewish professionals by providing networking opportunities, industry-related educational events, and volunteer opportunities at local social service agencies.
- Financial Services - comprised of the Accountants, Financial and Insurance & Human Resources professionals, MBA candidates.
- Health and Medical – including the field of dentistry, health professionals, physicians and surgeons. The Chicago Center for Jewish Genetic Disorders, promotes a wide range of professional education opportunities for physicians, nurses, genetic counselors and other health care providers.
- Lawyers - Comprised of members of the Chicago legal community including judges, in-house corporate counsel, solo practitioners, law professors, and associates and managing partners from law firms of all sizes, as well as law students.
- Real Estate and Building Trades – Brokers, developers, lenders/bankers, management, appraisers, contractors, architects, home improvement, suppliers and manufacturers
- Educators – teachers, educators, and administrators; Jewish educators
- Food and Hospitality – Caterers, bakers, food stores, manufacturers, wholesalers, brokers, and restaurateurs
- Government Agencies – Elected public officials, agency employees at all levels
- High Tech – emerging technologies, technical specialties
- Marketing and Media – Mass communications, advertising, marketing, public relations, entertainment industry
- Non-Profit – administrators, managers, directors, social workers
- Wholesale, Retailers and Manufacturers – automotive, paper products, printing and graphics, metals and machinery, consumer products and services
The Fall LEADS Program is a great way to meet new people in Chicago and offers an introductory exploration of the Jewish community in a fun, relaxed social setting. The program dates are September 26, October 2, October 10, October 19, October 24, November 2, November 10, and November 14. Groups will be formed in several areas of the city and separated by age. LEADS participants will join together for a bar event following most sessions. The cost to participate is $50, which includes 8 sessions, food, speakers and all program supplies. In addition to the program fee, participants will also be asked to make a meaningful gift to the 2017 JUF Annual Campaign (minimum $36) and will have the opportunity to do so during the course of the program.
For more information about LEADS, please contact Carol Guzman at 312-357-4880 or send an email to YLD@juf.org
YLD's Co-ed Kickball
Join us for the sixth annual YLD Co-Ed Kickball League! This league is about playing a sport AND supporting a great cause, the Jewish United Fund.
Game Dates- Two Double header days!
September 27, 2017
October 4, 2017 – BYE due to Sukkot
October 11, 2017- BYE due to Sukkot
October 18, 2017
October 25, 2017
November 1, 2017
November 8, 2017
November 15, 2017
Game Times: 6:30 pm, 7:30 pm, or 8:30 pm...
$75 per player who has a 2017 JUF Annual Campaign gift of $25 or more.
$100 per player for first time donors or donors who do not have their 2017 JUF Annual Campaign gift of $25 or more in. ($25 of the cost will be a tax-deductible gift to the 2017 JUF Annual Campaign)
You may sign up as an individual or a team. Teams must have a minimum of 12 players and 4 female players. T-shirts will be provided! Parking is free and readily available