For more information regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact TOV at
TOV@juf.org or 312-357-4762.
Professional Development and Networking Opportunities
Connect with us on Linkedin
Trades, Industries, and Professionals Division of the Jewish United Fund (TIP)
With the largest, most diverse network of Jewish professionals, entrepreneurs, and business owners in Chicago,
JUF's TIP. is the central address for your networking and philanthropic needs, and is positioned to provide access to both high level business leaders and Jewish thinkers through high quality, relevant professional programming.
The TIP young professional groups serve to connect young Jewish professionals by providing networking opportunities, industry-related educational events, and volunteer opportunities at local social service agencies.
- Financial Services - comprised of the Accountants, Financial and Insurance & Human Resources professionals, MBA candidates.
- Health and Medical – including the field of dentistry, health professionals, physicians and surgeons.
The Chicago Center for Jewish Genetic Disorders, promotes a wide range of professional education opportunities for physicians, nurses, genetic counselors and other health care providers.
- Lawyers - Comprised of members of the Chicago legal community including judges, in-house corporate counsel, solo practitioners, law professors, and associates and managing partners from law firms of all sizes, as well as law students.
- Real Estate and Building Trades – Brokers, developers, lenders/bankers, management, appraisers, contractors, architects, home improvement, suppliers and manufacturers
- Educators – teachers, educators, and administrators; Jewish educators
- Food and Hospitality – Caterers, bakers, food stores, manufacturers, wholesalers, brokers, and restaurateurs
- Government Agencies – Elected public officials, agency employees at all levels
- High Tech – emerging technologies, technical specialties
- Marketing and Media – Mass communications, advertising, marketing, public relations, entertainment industry
- Non-Profit – administrators, managers, directors, social workers
- Wholesale, Retailers and Manufacturers – automotive, paper products, printing and graphics, metals and machinery, consumer products and services
Recent College Graduate
- JUF and Silverstein Base Hillel are joining together for
Shabbat! End the week with Shabbat dinner at Silverstein Base Hillel and meet
fellow recent college graduates living in the Chicagoland area. This Shabbat is
for graduates of the Classes of 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Silverstein Base Hillel (858 W. Wrightwood)
- Friday, January 19, 7:00pm (Reception for Class of 2017
starting at 6:00pm)
- Are you
interested in volunteering with your peers around Chicago on a regular basis?
If so, we are currently accepting application for YLD and TOV's ongoing
volunteer program- Mensches in Motion. This six-session program will give you the opportunity
to volunteer at a variety of JUF supported agencies and meet other young adults
in the Chicago community!
- Various Locations
- First Session: January 24
Back from Birthright
Israel Tu B’Shevat Celebration
- Curious about the eco-friendly holiday Tu B’Shevat? Join Back from Birthright
Israel for a celebration of the earth! Discuss the Jewish connection to the
environment, learn the rituals of Tu B’Shevat and connect with fellow
Birthright Israel alumni. Dinner will be served. This event is 21+.
- Silverstein Base
Hillel (858 W. Wrightwood)
- Wednesday January 31,
Winter Phonothon: Young Professionals Night
- Be a part of JUF’s
transformational work, which impacts every aspect of local and global Jewish
life, providing human services, creating Jewish experiences and strengthening
Jewish community connections. All volunteers are welcome at any location.
- JUF (30 S Wells)
- Tuesday, February 6,
come anytime between 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Party of 8
- Let YLD schedule a
reservation at a restaurant for you and 7 others, giving you a chance for a fun
night out with new friends. After dinner, all parties of eight will meet up for
schmoozing. Diners will meet each other at reserved
locations and the after party begins at a River North location.
- Various Locations
- Thursday, February 8,
6:30 p.m. for dinner/8 p.m. meet at the after
Spring LEADS 2018
- This ongoing program
offers introductory exploration of the Jewish community and contemporary issues
in a relaxed social setting.
- Various Locations
- Tuesday, March 20 @