Real Estate and Building Trades Division
"The JUF Real Estate and Building Trades Division is the premier organization for real estate professionals in Chicago" - Jason Friedman, Chair of Real Estate and Building Trades Division, Friedman Properties Ltd.
Connect with more than 7,000 of Chicago's most prominent real estate professionals!
|The Real Estate industry includes:
||The Building Trades industry includes:
- Commercial, industrial and residential
- Developers and owners of commercial,
industrial and residential properties
- Lenders, mortgage bankers, and
financial service providers
- Property and asset management
- Appraisers, consultants and legal
- General and subcontractors
- Home and property improvement companies
- Lumber and material suppliers and
- Retailers and representatives
Young Real Estate Group (YREG)
Young Jewish real estate professionals (ages 22 - 40ish) can connect with other young Jewish real estate professionals through networking, educational, and volunteer programs throughout the year, which typically attract up to 150 people. The YREG is also invited to participate in the Real Estate and Building Trades division-wide programs, with opportunities to interact with the seasoned and accomplished professionals of the industry.
For more information on the Young Real Estate Group, email
- Jason Friedman - 2013 Real Estate and Building Trades Division Chair
and 2010 JUF Young Leadership Award recipient.
- Andrew Hananel - 2014 Real Estate Building Trades Division Chair
- Daniel Kaufman - 2014 Young Real Estate Group Co-Chair
- Stephen Sotoloff - 2014 Young Real Estate Group Co-Chair
- Nat Sager - 2014 Young Real Estate Group Vice Chair
- Helee Hillman - 2014 Young Real Estate Group Vice Chair
- Jason Olt - 2014 Young Real Estate Group Committee Member
- Barrie Bloom - 2014 Young Real Estate Group Committee Member
- Edwin Vdovets - 2014 Young Real Estate Group Committee Member
The Real Estate and Building Trades Division and the Young Real Estate Group offer a variety of valuable programs. For example:
- The 2011 Real Estate Division Winter Educational program, The Art of the Restaurant Deal, featuring panelists Rob Katz (Boka Restaurant Group), Brendan Sodikoff (Gilt Bar, Maude's Liquor Bar, Curio, The Doughnut Vault) and Lawrence B. Swibel (Fox, Hefter, Swibel, Levin & Carroll, LLP), shared the process of opening and running successful restaurants.
- The 2011 Real Estate Dinner, chaired by John Supera (Supera Asset Management) and featuring guest speaker Coach Mike Krzyzewski, head men's basketball coach of Duke University, attracted 1,150 professionals.
- The 2012 Real Estate Dinner, chaired by David Rosenbaum (WHI Real Estate Partners), featuring guest speaker Andrew Ross Sorkin, award winning journalist and author of Too Big to Fail, attracted 1,000 professionals.
- The 2012 Young Real Estate Group's Educational Program, The Art of the Hotel Deal featured panelists Robert Bloom of Walton Street Capital, Bradley Falk of Lodging Capital Parnters and Gary Axelrod of Latham & Watkins, and attracted 120 professionals.
- The 2013 Young Real Estate Group's Educational Program, Expansion and Growth in River North: A Construction Site Visit toured the AMLI Residential building, The Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hyatt Place and The Starwood Aloft properties attracted 30 professionals (limited by capacity).
- The 2013 Real Estate Dinner, chaired by David Schwartz (Waterton Associates) and co-chaired by Ari Klein (Cushman & Wakefield), featured guest speaker John Mackey, co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods, attracted 700 professionals.
Are you interested in learning more or getting involved? Do you have ideas or suggestions? We want to hear from you.
Contact us at
RealEstate@juf.org, or (312) 357-4836.